Raise Lyme Awareness! Teach Importance of Prevention! Be Tick AWARE
We are looking for dedicated people who are engaged, energetic, and passionate about spreading awareness and educating people about Lyme and other tick-borne diseases. As a GLA Ambassador you will help us achieve our mission. It’s time to take a LEAP for prevention!
Why this is Important
We are experiencing a surge in tick populations worldwide! To date, we have experienced a significant increase in the number of cases for Lyme and other tick-borne diseases. Experts predict there will be a continuous increase in the number of ticks across the country in the coming years. We are all at risk!
GLA Ambassadors will play an important role in their communities by raising awareness about Lyme and other tick-borne diseases and tick prevention.
What Does it Take to Be a GLA Lyme Education Ambassador?
We are looking for professional, passionate leaders with exceptional communication skills. Our Ambassadors will be expected to schedule and coordinate presentations and meetings with local organizations, civic groups, corporations, and others.
- Program – an initial 1-year commitment
- Your Time – We ask you to hold a minimum of 4 presentations each year
- Engagement – participate in GLA web-based training program, provide feedback
- Willing to schedule and present GLA presentation in your region. For example: contact local town halls, libraries, corporations, hospitals, and others to arrange speaking engagements
BECOME A GLA LYME EDUCATION AMBASSADOR
Minimum Preferred Requirements
- Communication skills:
- Ability to speak and present information to groups of all sizes
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Access to a computer
- General computer skills: email, online search tools, etc.
- Ability to access GLA web-based meetings and training videos
- Comfortable utilizing social media
- Demonstrated leadership
- Organizational and follow-through abilities: Detail oriented, self-motivated, and will take initiative to schedule awareness presentations and/or meetings with potential partners.
- Strong work ethic, friendly personality, and a good sense of humor
- Excellent writing skills
- Ready to volunteer, have fun, build relationships